Posted by: Agence Tunis Afrique Presse
In one week, Tunisian olive oil won 49 medals in international competitions, including 11 medals at the New York International Olive Oil Competition (NYIOOC) (7 gold and 4 silver), 26 medals in Japan (10 gold and 16 silver) and 12 medals in London (2 gold, 5 silver and 5 bronze).
The Ministry of Agriculture, Water Resources and Fisheries, said Friday in a statement, the 11 Tunisian brands that were distinguished at the international competition for olive oil in New York are as follows :
-Olive olive oil medium chetoui of A & S brand (gold medal)
-Olive oil of the variety medium chetoui of the brand olivko (gold medal)
-Organic olive oil medium Chétoui of the brand Domaine Fendri (gold medal)
– Organic olive oil medium of the brand olivko (gold medal)
– Organic olive oil of Orivieira brand (gold medal)
– Olive oil medium chetoui of the brand Younga (gold medal)
– Organic olive oil intense of Ivlia brand (gold medal)
– Olive oil medium Chetoui of the Domaine Chograne brand (silver medal)
– Olive oil medium chetoui of MEDOLEO brand (silver medal)
– Olive oil medium chetoui of the brand SABA (silver medal)
– Organic Olive Oil Medium Quality Ruspina (Silver Medal)
The New York International Olive Oil Competition is the world’s second largest olive oil competition, held annually in New York (USA).
The competition, which has 24 categories, was marked by the participation of over 800 candidates from 26 countries. Italy ranks first in terms of the number of participants with 253 representatives, followed by Greece (157) and Spain (153). Tunisia participated with 38 candidates.